Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Number Of The Beast #8

Things are lookin' shady for the Paladins...(layouts from NOTB #8)

The final issue of Number Of the Beast will be in comic shops tomorrow! I'm very excited, as this means all eight bi-weekly issues will have shipped on time! It wasn't easy, but we did it! I'd like to give Karl Story a huge "thank you" for some amazing inking and finishing done under much duress. I'd also like to publicly thank Scott Beatty for the fine writing and fun characters, as well as plenty of enthusiasm and encouragement. And finally I hope editor Ben Abernathy knows how much I appreciate being given the chance to do this job and how much his
encouragement during some of the most stressful times helped.

One of the reasons I wanted to work on this series was to try to begin rehabilitating my reputation as a guy who isn't good with deadlines. It seems to have worked at least a little bit, because since finishing NOTB I've been offered almost more work than I can accept! As usual, I can't or don't want to talk about any of the offers until everything's finalized and official announcements are made.

Anyway, as a final send-off for NOTB, I thought I'd post the long ago promised unpublished character design material. Amazingly, every character design made it into the back pages of the
individual issues. Lots of feet were covered up(I swear I drew all the feet! I may take some short cuts now and then, but that particular lazy cartoonist cliche is not one of them!), and lots of the elements of each design were re-sized or moved around, but they're essentially all there. Below you'll find the only omissions. Since I haven't mentioned it in a while, I should tell everyone that if you use your mouse or laptop touch controls to click on any image in this blog you'll be taken to a much larger version of the image(usually).
Enjoy!

The only completely unpublished material--some designs for a photo and a cheesecake poster from NOTB #2

The head and shoulders shot on the right never made it into the printed comic


Neither of the drawings of Dr. Sin without his robot were published

--C

No comments: