Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Is No News Really Good News?
There are a few things going on in my career recently that I've been waiting for impatiently--at times, it seems like nothing's ever moving forward! The wait for Modern Masters Vol. 21, for instance, is driving me nuts! The book's publishing date keeps getting pushed back, as it did once again last week, this time to July 15. That's right around the corner, but we've been there before...


Another thing I've been anxious about is an upcoming trip to Spain for a convention appearance. I was invited last year and have been waiting for news ever since. Something positive to report on this front, though: today I noticed the convention's website has been updated and there's even a tentative
GUEST LIST in place. Yay!

Then there's the
Ocean movie adaptation--absolutely no movement there for...ever. Maybe this is typical with Hollywood, maybe not.

Finally, I've been waiting for some sort of nod from the powers-that-be so I can start promoting the upcoming Tom Strong and the Robots of Doom series I've been working on all year. I'd like to show off some art and start talking up the series instead of just teasing and dropping hints. I don't want to give away plot points or spoil the story for anyone, I just love this book want to share some of what I've been doing lately. I know I say this every time I post these days, but, I'll post some art from the series soon...

...for now, here's another weird little sketchbook piece:

--C

4 comments:

Michael Dooney said...

I'd been wondering what was up with the Modern Masters book myself, those things usually come out like clockwork.
The Spirit drawing made me think that I'd like to see Kevin Nowlan ink you sometime, he'd have a lot to work with if he Nowlan-ized your art.

mattcrap said...

teaser stuff for the upcoming Strong book would be awesome...but most of us are patient folks.

would you mind if i colored that Spirit piece?

Chris & Xan said...

Michael-actually, Kevin inked my work for the WildC.A.T.S./Aliens book Wildstorm published in 1997 or '98, and it was pretty freaking cool to see! He didn't really "Nowlan-ize" much except for the aliens and all their organic muck and goo. As for that Modern Masters book, see my latest post--it should definitely be out next week.

Mattcrap-knock yourself out on the Spirit piece! And I'm glad you're patient--I'm not, as the preceding post made clear!
--C

Udanax said...

hey michael, nice avatar!