Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Birmingham Comicon

I'll be attending my first convention in the UK later this year. I've been invited to be a guest at the Birmingham Comicon in Birmingham, England, and I can't wait! I'll be meeting writer Peter Hogan for the first time at the show, after having worked together off and on over the last decade. The week after the convention, Peter and I will be doing a store signing in London--more on that later. Here's another image I borrowed from the Birmingham Comicon site:

It kind of blows my mind sometimes when I think about the younger me as an aspiring cartoonist just hoping to draw anything at all for a living, and now there's my work sharing space with Dave Gibbons and Alan Davis. Weird...sometimes things happen in my job that almost make me forget the long hours, no job security and complete lack of health
coverage, sick days and paid vacation time...

...almost...

--C

1 comment:

Vincent said...

Glad to read such words !