Friday, April 13, 2012

 New Projects!









 I can finally announce some projects I've been working on over the last few months, in addition to my regular gig drawing the next Tom Strong series, Tom Strong and the Planet of Peril. First up, coming this May is a short story I drew for the Rocketeer Adventures 2 series being published by IDW. My story was written by David Lapham and inked by the always-amazing Karl Story and is scheduled for issue #3 of the 4-issue series. I can finally talk about my second extra-curricular project because of an announcement DC made today on USA Today.com as well as the usual comics news sites. You wouldn't know it from the USA Today article, but it's in the DC Comics website press release: I'm working on a 30-page story written by David Tischman that will be serialized as the eighth storyline for the digital-first series, Batman Digital. You can get a sneak peek at some of the pencil art for both projects above and below.

One other bit of news: it's probably obvious to Legion fans by now, but I will not be doing any more covers for Legion of Super-Heroes--issue #7 was my last (I showcased that cover in my last post). It seems there was a change in the editorial regime on the book and the new guys brought in some new artists. It's a shame, as I was hitting all the deadlines and hoping to spend a good long time back in the world of the 30th Century. Oh, well...















 --C

8 comments:

dusty abell said...

Great news on the Rocketeer, very excited to see more of your interpretations of Cliff & Betty! Tom Strong stories can never get here soon enough but they are ALwAYS worth the wait. The Legion news blows, man I was enjoying those. There loss... and ours. Your work always inspires me Chris, can hardly wait to see whats next!

dusty abell said...

Great news on the Rocketeer, very excited to see more of your interpretations of Cliff & Betty! Tom Strong stories can never get here soon enough but they are ALwAYS worth the wait. The Legion news blows, man I was enjoying those. There loss... and ours. Your work always inspires me Chris, can hardly wait to see whats next!

Heather said...

Can't wait to get some new Tom Strong! I wish DC would publish the apparently not happening 3rd omnibus!

Vincent said...

Glad to read the good news about current projects; Sorry for your loss about Legion. And, once again because you earn it : a giant THANK YOU !

toodiesel said...

Great news about Tom Strong!! Shame about the Legion, I LOVED your covers. I couldn't tell from your earlier posts, is Peter Hogan still writing?? He's done fantastic work in the Tom Strong Universe, and I adore his Terra Obscura volumes.

corbin66 said...

Congrats!

Strangewingz said...

Is the Rocketeer story definitely in #3? Do you know what is on the cover?

Chris & Xan said...

I'll try to answer the questions:

First, for toodiesel, Peter Hogan did indeed write the new Tom Strong series, and if you liked Terra Obscura, you'll love this story!

And second, for Strangewingz, here'a a link to the cover for #3 followed by a link to the solicitation info:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/preview2.php?image=solicits/idw/201205/RocketeerAdventures2_03-CvrA-MOCK_ONLY.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37121

I think it'll be out May 30.


Thanks to everyone for the compliments and kind words!
--C